Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Key Battery Low Replace Soon" message

I have an Australian 2012 Focus LW Mk ll and have been experiencing this warning message for several weeks. Like others I have replaced batteries in both keys to no avail.

So I tried something that always fixes my iPod when sync goes into memory overload.

I pulled Fuse 67 (Information and Entertainment Display and it worked!
With the power off pull fuse 67 (check for its location in the handbook, mine is beneath the glove box). Turn the power on, wait a few seconds then turn the power off and replace the fuse.

No more warning.
Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue today, changed both key fob batteries and still got the low battery message, turned car on and off with each one a couple times, googled, and found this site, after reading a couple pages of posts I realized I never use the buttons on the fobs, because of the intelligent access. I went and locked/unlocked my car with the button on the key fob and then tried each fob again... All systems normal...thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Key Battery Low Replace Soon- removing message after battery replacement

I have continued (over several battery changes) to receive the "Key Battery Low Replace Soon" signal. Read the threads this morning and finally ran across the suggestion to press one of the fob buttons while the message is showing (that is, just after starting the car and the message begins). That worked- the message went off and did not return.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Wife's 2013 Focus ST had the same problem. Several pages down someone suggested that while the car is running, and having only one FOB in the car push either the lock or unlock button on the FOB to send an impulse to the computer. This worked for us. We no longer are getting the key battery message and when you go into system check everything is okay. You would think the idiots at the FORD dealers would no this.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My Wife's 2013 Focus ST had the same problem. Several pages down someone suggested that while the car is running, and having only one FOB in the car push either the lock or unlock button on the FOB to send an impulse to the computer...
Cnjcomp,

Thanks for sharing, and I’m glad to learn that your concern was resolved. I’ll be happy to document your dealer experience. Please PM your full name, VIN, details of your experience, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll get this noted! [:)]

Tricia

·
Registered
1 Posts
The button press while the car is running worked like a charm. Could it be that if the car doesn't register any button presses after so many starts it will assume your battery is dying?

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
One thing i discovered, dont assume just because the battery is new, that its good... myself and one other person, have both found that replacing the battery did not resolve the issue. we both used a multimeter on the new battery, his read 2.7v, mine was 2.6v... tried the cheap dollar-store brand and found ones reading over 3v (like they are supposed to) and issues disappeared...

Sent from CSIS Beaver #253

·
Registered
1 Posts
This absolutely worked for me! After I read your post I felt like an idiot because you were right, I never really use the key fob except to keep it in my pocket and get into my car. Since I had the battery changed yesterday 6/6/16 I haven't used the fob other than to get in my car and the alert kept popping up. As soon as I did what you said to do the alert went off. Pressing the key fob works. I had the car off but I have read on this thread that someone had the car on. hey, it works and the alert is gone! Thank you for sharing! That information should be included in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hope someone can help, since two Ford dealerships have thrown up their hands and said, "I don't know how to fix this."

Yesterday, when I got in my car (it has 42M on it and is almost 3 years old), it said my Key Battery was low. I stopped at Interstate Battery and they figured out how to replace both FOB button batteries (with help from a YouTube video). Unfortunately, the message is still coming up when I start the car. I even removed the round steering stalk plastic piece and stuck my FOB directly inside (2nd dealership said to try this since it possibly could help reset itself if it was inserted directly). Two stops and starts later, the message is still there. The car starts fine. Doors unlock fine. No driveability problems. Is there ANY way to reset this message to make it go away (like the oil change reset sequence that I occasionally perform, for instance)? Both dealerships said if I brought the car in, they "could take a look." Read...CHARGE ME $$ for trying a bunch of things.

I may be a woman, but I am very computer savvy and can follow reasonable instructions. I do my own MyFord Touch updates without help. I can navigate my car's gizmos without any issue. The guy at the dealership also insinuated that my iPhone could be the culprit. Huh? I connect it ALL the time when I'm in the car, and this has never been an issue.

So, with that, can anyone give me some simple advice or am I stuck spending my hard-earned money having some dude scratch his head for a few hours?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had me 'key message' pop up yesterday...bought 2 of the better quality replacement batteries and did both fobs at the same time......battery low message was gone the next start up
OK same message here about low remote battery. I have a hunch. Car is almost 3 years old just like many of you who said the same thing and I get same message using either fob. After changing my remote batteries, I put a volt tester on the "old batteries".....Guess what? the old batteries are just fine. 3 volts and 3.1 volts, right where they're suppose to be. New batteries show 3.1 and 3.2 volts. Go figure!! So it appears that this message is time generated. Pissed off that Ford won't tell me anything other than to change the batteries that don't need to be changed. You got me once, won't get me again. I check voltage first on old batteries.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts