Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey folks!

If you're currently experiencing concerns, your best bet is to check with your Ford Dealer for proper diagnosis. In addition, please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and preferred servicing dealership.

We'll go from there.

Todd

·
Registered
747 Posts
Glad to hear it.

It's too bad that Ford is either unwilling or unable to tell us directly what is or isn't normal behavior.
Yeah, it seems like it would be a super easy response for one of these people to just say "Hey that's normal, it'll go away in a few days" or something like that. Instead this thread sits out here for a week and nobody knows what the eff is going on. GG fordcustomerservice.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Yeah, it seems like it would be a super easy response for one of these people to just say "Hey that's normal, it'll go away in a few days" or something like that. Instead this thread sits out here for a week and nobody knows what the eff is going on. GG fordcustomerservice.
In the defense of the Ford customer service folks, I would guess that it is their policy never to answer any product questions or do any problem solving but rather they will always direct you to a dealer.

There is one problem with that policy:
Using the new battery in the key fob issue as an example, you could go to ten different dealers and probably get ten different answers.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey everyone,

I completely understand that it is frustrating to write in or call and be told that you need to have your dealer help you. There are a couple reasons why you'll get that response. First, in order for your CSM to know how they can help, your vehicle needs a diagnosis. Second, dealers are independently owned and operated, so there are some issues that they are going to make the final call on. In those cases, I (or a phone rep) will usually encourage you to visit another dealer for assistance. Finally, and unfortunately, I'm unable to provide a vehicle diagnosis through the computer, which is another reason your dealer is involved.

A lot of my job entails assessing your concern and getting you to the appropriate party to best get that concern resolved as quickly as possible. A lot of the time that is your CSM, because they talk to your dealer on a regular basis and are best at getting your vehicle repaired, getting you a rental, financial assistance, etc.

I've enjoyed working with you all, and hope to continue moving forward. If you have any questions, let me know.

Todd

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey guys,

I have something I want you to try (it's worked on a few vehicles we've tried it on): hit one of the fob buttons after the battery has been replaced while car is running; it should turn off the message.

Please let me know if this corrects the issue in a private message so I may get it recorded.

Todd

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had me 'key message' pop up yesterday...bought 2 of the better quality replacement batteries and did both fobs at the same time......battery low message was gone the next start up

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If you can't get rid of the message try this.

4682 - 2012-2014 Focus - Intelligent Access Key Battery Low Message Does Not Reset After Replacing The Battery - Service Tip
Some 2012-2014 Focus vehicles equipped with Intelligent Access Push Button Start may exhibit a Key Battery Low message that remains on after replacing the battery in the key fob. If this concern is observed, perform the following procedure that allows the vehicle to properly sample the key fob battery level. With only one (1) fob near the vehicle, start the engine. With the engine running, press the Lock or Unlock button on the key fob one time. Repeat this procedure with all additional affected key fobs. When the vehicle properly samples the new key battery level the message will no longer be present.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you can't get rid of the message try this.

4682 - 2012-2014 Focus - Intelligent Access Key Battery Low Message Does Not Reset After Replacing The Battery - Service Tip
Some 2012-2014 Focus vehicles equipped with Intelligent Access Push Button Start may exhibit a Key Battery Low message that remains on after replacing the battery in the key fob. If this concern is observed, perform the following procedure that allows the vehicle to properly sample the key fob battery level. With only one (1) fob near the vehicle, start the engine. With the engine running, press the Lock or Unlock button on the key fob one time. Repeat this procedure with all additional affected key fobs. When the vehicle properly samples the new key battery level the message will no longer be present.
That's what the ford service rep said to try a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's what the ford service rep said to try a couple weeks ago.
Yes, but the posted 'Service Tip' that appears to be issued from Ford is the written procedure to be followed. I like to see details like that.

It would have been nice to see that, prior to a months worth of 'try this'..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got the message, went to target bought the batteries (CR 2032 3 volt). It was very easy to replace and the message was gone immediately after.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Got same message recently (3y old Focus), took out batteries, checked voltage and it was still 3V. put them back, message disappeared couple days later.
And now, one week later got same message about low battery, strange.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Simple Fix

Having read a few of these threads today I have now fixed the problem of the message not going away. I had replaced the battery and everything worked, but the message always came up for a few seconds on starting the car. The fix seems to be just pressing the lock or unlock on the remote so the car takes an actual signal from the remote (as opposed to just walking up to car and letting it unlock itself). Started the car, message was gone. Problem solved. Thanks to all on here who helped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, i have a ford focus titanium 2.0 sedan(park assist) , im from brazil, and as you know everything here comes so slow, so i saw USA ford website, that you guys have a account, and you are able to upgrade the "my ford touch" etc, here in brazil we dont have this, but for me to logging in the usa ford website i need a vin number, when i added my vin number, the website doesn't recognize, i didnt understand why, my car was made in argentina, i think yours as well, can anyone provide me a vin number for the new ford focus mk3?

·
Focus Addict
14,131 Posts
The North American MK3 Focus is built in the USA, in Michigan at Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, not Argentina. Global Focus production takes place there, in China, in Germany and in Thailand among other locales.

·
Registered
2 Posts
oh, i didnt know that, so can anyone of you download the lastest upgrade for the " my ford touch" i have an sony xperia, is there any apps that can communicate with the "my ford touch"?thanks guys for the support!!!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts