Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Focus Fanatics!

This is my first time posting on this forum, so please bear with me if I am posting in the incorrect forum or if this has already been discussed (although I did search for it).

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone knows/uses the integrated Ford key/keyfob unit on their Focus. I'm talking about the same one used on the Edge, Escape, etc. Another member of my family has one of these keys for his Edge and when I put it in my ignition, it fits perfectly and even dings when I open the door. This led me to believe that the integrated key and my separate key have the same cut and could be used interchangeably. What I want to know is if it is possible to buy an OEM Ford integrated keyfob blank and have it work with my Focus. I know that I would have to have it cut at a locksmith. I also have both original keys in order to program it. If it does work, I am considering buying a blank from a website and using the instructions to program it myself. Does anyone use an integrated keyfob on their 2010 Focus?

Basically, I want to know if it is possible to go from this:

to this:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had a local locksmith make a spare key for my SVT with the seperate fob. I also asked about the all in one key. I was told that it uses a different PATS software than the seperate fob, and the systems are not interchangeable. i didnt really go into much more research after hearing him say that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts