Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know this has been beat to death, then shot several times, but I have a very pointed question, sorta. I'm going to get an intake. True Cold Air is out of the question due to weather conditions in my area, so I'm looking at short ram or just putting a filter on my stock pipe. Any suggestions on the best option?

I've been looking at the FocusSport Cool-Flo, but the FC MAC short Ram has also caught my eye. MAC is cheaper and has a nice little visual touch, but if that pipe is metal what's the point? (Is it metal[???:)])

Also, does a scoop hood really help? At higher speeds I know it would, but off the line does it do anything except look cool? [:D] Thanks for any input, and tolerating this subject once again. [?|]

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
well as fr as short rams go, they all show similar gains, id say get the cheapest one, maybe a used good looking AEM or MAC, the focussport i dont like, its just a filter w/ a shield, the iceman andvolant are nice too, they are the enclosed CAI type, ehich use snorkeld like the stock system instead of going lower for air, as far as hoods they will help a little on tkae off, as the air is that much more readily fed to the intake system, very little but w/ lots of mods every little bit helps and it adds up, now stock car w/ ram air hood.......

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
anybody put one of those front mount arospeed intakes on-the onesthat look kinda like front mount intercoolers???-would it work?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
That intercooler intake would require modification to fit the Focus. It is a novel idea that shouldn't out perform any intake system. Intercoolers are designed to cool hot air, say from a turbo...If the air you are drawing is from the front of the car it really can't be significantly cooled to derive the designed benefits of an intercooler...a significant drop in intake air temp.
Besides, I hate to get my ass kicked looking like I have a turbo...but running like I don't. The intakes mentioned by Mofo will give you all the bang for the buck you can get...out of an intake.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you are gonna just get a short ram, just get a k&n filter and get rid of the air box. I always hear that the K&N's are the best so i got one. I'm running and exhuast and i found noticable gains with the filter, especially at higher speeds wit WOT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts