Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has tried/is running a Weapon R intake? Good or bad experiences?

Would prefer that this thread stays on topic of Weapon R intake(s) specifically...

·
Registered
74 Posts
intake or intake manfold?

both seem to be crappy nothing they make shows better flow at all

their intake isnt even mandrel bent its cut and the corner is a flat edge not even worth looking at when u can see better ones from aem and K&N etc

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought the weapon-R dragon intake when I first got my focus, mostly because of the price. For the price I thought it was a decent buy, I don't like the filter that came with it so I replaced that with an AEM dryflow filter, but it did give a slight performance increase. It isn't quite a CAI since it doesn't exactly tuck in to the bumper so recently I modified the intake with a 90degree elbow that just happened to perfectly tuck it in to the bumper and am happy with the setup...In retrospect I wish I would have just saved the extra money and went with the FSwerks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
intake or intake manfold?

both seem to be crappy nothing they make shows better flow at all

their intake isnt even mandrel bent its cut and the corner is a flat edge not even worth looking at when u can see better ones from aem and K&N etc
Intake, not manifold. Is this true for both the Dragon and Secret intake?

I bought the weapon-R dragon intake when I first got my focus, mostly because of the price. For the price I thought it was a decent buy, I don't like the filter that came with it so I replaced that with an AEM dryflow filter, but it did give a slight performance increase. It isn't quite a CAI since it doesn't exactly tuck in to the bumper so recently I modified the intake with a 90degree elbow that just happened to perfectly tuck it in to the bumper and am happy with the setup...In retrospect I wish I would have just saved the extra money and went with the FSwerks.
Thanks for the reply. It's always nice to get some info from somebody with first-hand experience.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I'd go w/ FSwerk's for a C.A.I. For a S.R.I.= Steeda

1 - 5 of 5 Posts