Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so here is what im wondering. i've found a mac tb for 160, and ive seen like a fc for like 250. i was wondering if there is a difference in performance between the mac and the fc? also, i found a mac cold air intake for 130, but i've been told that intake makes a difference, so the more you pay the more you get. so i was wondering if i should get the mac tb and save up and get a good intake or get the mac intake and save up for the tb? also if i don't have intake will a k&n fliter make a difference?(i'm also putting in exhaust and and an udp) thanks.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
cant say iv heard much of anything about the MAC TB, their intakes are good for the money i hear though, i have a FC TB and have noproblems from it, decent gains too, i wouldnt bother w/ the K&N

·
Registered
219 Posts
If I were you, i'd save for a better intake. Macs are good for the money, but the more modifications you make, the better performance you will get out of a really good intake. I'd recommend a full length intake which takes air from outside your engine compartment, as it will be much cooler. I agree with mofocus that a k&n is a waste unless you have a good intake. And also, you don't need to spend as much as you might imagine:
The AEM cold air intake (chrome) retails for around $320 + shipping, but I got one on ebay for $226 shipped. I just checked, and the ebay member "speedstation" is still selling that AEM model for $201 plus shipping. I don't know anything about that tb but i hope this helps

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't know about the MAC TB but I'll be damned if that's not the best price I've seen for a 65 mm TB. Although it doesn't look as high quality as the Focus Central I've gotta say if it gets the job done then go for it.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Feezer Ollie18 has a FC throttle body for 175.00$ shipped for sale I beleive I would but it before the MAC I bought a FC from hotrodwagon yesterday.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
these are one of those things that u actually need both of. like the term fits like a hand and glove. you will make a lot more power out of your intake if you have the t.b to complement it. same vise versa. if i were you i'd probably do a c.a.i cause its cheaper but down the road pick yourself up a t.b

1 - 8 of 8 Posts