Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
It will help in reducing heat soak into your intake just like exhaust wraps help eat soak stay out of the engine bay. I would think this would be helpfull for FI more so then NA.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I wouldn't waste time doing it....

BUT if you did do it you should at least cover ALL of the tube instead of 2/3rds like in the pic.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Header wrap will work better even on the intake tube. The 2" wrap will work very well on the intake tube and you can actually get it in colors. Every little thing you can do like this does help. The colder the air in and the more heat you can get rid of, equals HP. CAI's do work but enginebay heat does raise the temp going into the engine through that tube, wrapping it does keep it cooler.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wrap does help. Open your hood and touch that metal CAI pipe after you've been driving it for awhile. Keep that CAI pipe cooler and you keep the incoming air cooler.

I went back to the stock airbox and snorkel, but I wrapped the snorkel tube (Since it runs behind the radiator, it gets bathed in hot air). It helps and heat soak is a thing of the past. Even during the recent heat wave (Highs around 100 degrees), no problems.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Why is everyone complaining about the heat wave i live down at the very bottom of Texas, in McAllen TX we go through this everyday, day in and day out are winter is 85 degrees on a regualr day Soryy to thread snatch just thought people could stop complaining! By the way im gettin the header Jet Hot Coated seems everyone says it works realy well and you let me know how the intake wrap goes if it works well i might consider it. Just remember Colder air is always Better

·
Registered
762 Posts
Who was complaining about the heat wave??? I think you've been out in the sun too long. Come on in where it's cool.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i know alot of people dont think its worth it, but wrap your header and intake tube and see the difference it make, for each 10 degrees you drop the air going into the intake equals 1 hp thats why CAI are better you take that filter out of the engine bay heat wich is probley somewhere around 180-200 degrees (just guessing) and move it to the fender well were theres probley 30-40% cooler air so theres your hp.

wrap both the header and intake and you will notice a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts