Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked a similar question before but only received one answer and am hoping maybe I can get some more. Out of sake for a pleasing sound, I took the silencer out and was running the stock filter without the box lid. I loved the sound until I learned about heat soak. I am now running an open ended Green Filter with the lid back on, but the silencer is still off and still loving the sound and the little whistle when I step on the throttle. If I put the silencer back in, will I no longer have a growl and no whistle noise? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you put the resonator back in?
Is that what that piece is called under the airbox? Anyways, I thought maybe I should put it back on because I thought maybe I'm losing performance and I havent seen other people do it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is that what that piece is called under the airbox? Anyways, I thought maybe I should put it back on because I thought maybe I'm losing performance and I havent seen other people do it

Sent from my SM-G955U using FF Mobile
Nah just plug the hole with duct tape. Or better yet replace the whole thing with an RS airbox for about $65. (gets rid of the resonator as well)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Do you have a link for an RS air box? I’m in Aus and I’m about to buy this as I’ve done the same thing. But I still have stock filter just sitting there where it was in the air box.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/182835954192

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-air-cleaner-assembly-g1fz9600a?origin=pla&gclid=CjwKEAiAz4XFBRCW87vj6-28uFMSJAAHeGZbe5q--XJoL-LXjPsS3m93gdBD0X1nh-QAqlYLQRsj5BoC8__w_wcB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok. So it’ll fit exactly in the same place in my 2013 Ford Focus sport?
Also what do you think about taking the snorkel out for better air intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. So it’ll fit exactly in the same place in my 2013 Ford Focus sport?
Also what do you think about taking the snorkel out for better air intake?

Make sure you take the snorkel out if you have a drop in filter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I’ve heard that. But how come?

There's a thread of someone with a dyno showing the difference the snorkel delete makes with a drop in filter. It's explained there but the tl;dr is that the snorkel is restrictive and taking it out and dropping in a K&N or Green Filter adds HP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's a direct replacement heh.

I saw on another thread, you have an rs airbox in your focus. What model do you have? And did you buy another filter to go with it? And did you get rid of the snorkel, or make any holes under the whiskers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts