Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unbelievable just got alinment on car already had this promblem with ignition can take key out when its on accessories so get car from alignment get in car radio is on and all dash lights as if accessories on so start car have chech engine light on already know dont bother complaining so i go home scan car and get code p1518 intake runner control reset light hoping for the best anyway is that the 2 stage for the svt my car is 04 svt any help

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
You need to inspect your lock cylinder. Look at the hole where the key goes in inside the metal around the cylinder. Now if the key hole is off center of that metal cylinder- then you have the old cylinder. Make plans to change this out ASAP. You will have to get a new, key hole in the center, lock cylinder from Ford, and have it keyed to your key at a locksmith or the dealer. Costs range from $60 to 100.

If you don't do this, then one day your key won't come out, and won't turn. At this point, the lock cylinder must be drilled out to be removed, and you might have to get another key which can cost up to $100 alone. You will still have to purchase the lock cylinder, and now pay for labor to drill it out. Ask anyone on here who waited until theirs locked up before replacing it, and I'm sure they will tell you that it would've been a lot cheaper to swap the lock cylinder before this happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts