Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to upgrade my whole intake. I have a (homemade) intake on there now. I have an '03 ZX3 and was going to buy the MAC intake and TB. The question i have is about the MAF sensor. I understand what it does, but will it make a big difference or should i save my money? Will the stock one fit the MAC In? I've seen the steeda ones and they are pricey. I'm a little new to the scene and would like any input available out there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
you don't need to change your MAF... you won't need to upgrade to a 70mm MAF until you do some headwork, or go FI (forced induction, ie: turbo, supercharger)

and the Mac Short Ram keeps the MAF in all one piece so it's a very easy install...

Anymore questions, feel free to ask...

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Volant huh. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks CEN. Is the TB really worth it?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have the MAC intake also, and yes the stock MAF will work with it. If you do get a MAF, get a PRO-M, those can be calibrated to your fuel injectors. If you want a better intake though, go with the one that Dangerous-Focus said. The Volant is the top of the line intake for the focus and will easily work with a MAF, and getting a functional ram air hood will help the Volant alot. The TB will help alot on throttle response, so you'll feel more of a throttle response from it.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Onlyford4me said:
Thanks CEN. Is the TB really worth it?
I think the TB is one of the best mods for the money. I'm not sure on the numbers but the throtle responce is ALOT better. I just need to get another one. LOL. Newedgeperformance, had tthe best price on it right now that I have seen. I just put the volant on mine and I like it alot. sounds nice and it will benifit me in the long run, it works good with other mods i.e ram air hood.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
sorry this is off topic but hey cen, how does your car run with those "go" mods. what do you run in the quarter mile, im thinkin about getting a race header and flex. what kinda cars do you lay spankin's to? heah

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate all the advice, Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are the AEM Cold Air or Short Ram intakes any good?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
debatable, aem is NOt the brand i would recommend though. definitly volant or iceman. the AEM cold air has a danger of ingesting water, and the AEM short ram is just like any other short ram (i.e. mac etc)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Get the VOLANT! got it today and it only took 2 days to get from newedgeperformance.com
It is amazing. Great sound, great throttle response, and me car is so much smoother....and it picks up speed faster too. VOLANT HANDS DOWN!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
If you need an intake and can afford it, the volant is the way to go.

I would stay away from AEM intakes, they aren't bad, I just don't like them, they are a PITA sometimes.

·
Registered
567 Posts
which throttle body is the best for a daily driver?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Well there are only 4 total that come to mind.

Focus Central which is what most of us have.

MAC, which I don't even think is out.

Jackson racing, which is a rebadged focus central.

BBK, which I think is pricey.

Just go with the Focus central t/b.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts