Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering now that you have had some time with your intake how you like it?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
SWEET!!!!

Seriously Clint from SuperSnailFab did an outstanding job on the intake, it has been problem free since the install. the only downside is there is NO IACV... but I just tuned around it.

From what I was told he intends on making a production piece based on the prototype that I have. Personally I believe there will be a HUGE gain over the stock DSI once the intake goes into production.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give me a bit of onfo if you can on were and who I can talk to. Also p.m. me with cost or just post it if you can. I will be looking for another stlye than the 2k I have at this point. I should be all toghter in the next week or so.....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
He'll be making them. I just talked to him the other day because I wanted to buy the one you got.. grrr.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Here is the first prototype intake that I tested for Tom, it was just a idea he had and its nothing fancy but it absolutely out flowed the stock DSI by FAR ...

Here is the one Clint made, Clint designed this one on some fancy software and it has custom designed 180* velocity stacks machined into it.

Here are the only pics I have of it.........

Here is a dyno showing the difference between the two at the same boost level. As you can see there was a significant increase in bottom-mid range power. Dont get me wrong, Tom's intake was a HUGE step beyond the stock stuff... Clint and I were very surprized at the outcome.

The weekend of Sept 2nd I will be at Toms for his G2G and I have been tweeking on the tune.. I am hoping to see a little more power this time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hmmm, building sheet metal intake manifolds is an art. Some people get it and some don't. Just at a glance these apear crude in design ( I mean no offense to anyone ), but what appears to work under boost does not mean its a good design. But, good try keep at it.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The first one was never meant to be used in boosted apllications, thats why it has all the added on reinforcement and patches on it... I kept blowing it apart.

The second one is a true work of art... its the stuff you cant see that makes it do so well..... even though on the outside it looks like a barbeque grill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts