Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a few ask me for the intake piping for the MK3

I started building them for the 5 speed and figured I would make sure they fit a DCT as well and glad I did

The DCT ( Auto Trans ) doesnt have any room to put the filter down low like on the 5 speed

What I have come up with is a 3 inch MAF in a 3 inch Alum pipe I make and it fits so the new filter still fits in the stock air box with the lid and you keep the ducting of the cold air into the box

These would be very inexpensive and you get your own filter and coupler

I need a local 5 speed car for testing of the new and improved cold air intake and they will get the intake , coupler , filter at my cost for parts only , I would need the Focus for 24 hrs

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So there's no way for the DCT then?

Sent from my SM-G955U using FF Mobile
Yes there s a way but its basically a 2.5 to 3 inch hose and a MAF I am making that will fit in the stock air box or open , your choice

Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
I made a 3 inch intake on a dct go down low like the AEM one but I took it off because I didn't extend the wiring for the maf and move the maf down lower after the filter so I kept getting a cel and my gas mileage was horrible. I made it work though and it sat low under the car but sorta pushed the under tray lower a little. It started to rain a lot out here after I did it so I took it off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The cool thing about them is that when I had one on mine it made the car more torqy around like 3500 rpm. It was a little more snappy

·
FF Affiliate
30,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought you said because of the room issue you had a plan to make something that would work for the dct.
It basically would of been a short 3 inch pipe to the filter in its stock location and dont feel it would add performance

Tom

·
Registered
117 Posts
Only one way to find out and another option to replace the factory intake hose would be ideal especially something to work with the bigger TB with a built in maf slot vs hacking at the mst tube and the box not sitting quite right.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Yes there s a way but its basically a 2.5 to 3 inch hose and a MAF I am making that will fit in the stock air box or open , your choice

Tom
You dont support the larger ecoboost TB that most people would likely run, therefore full 3" would be the way to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts