Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard alot of people talking about the Volant intake system, and would like that as my first mod. But im having a hard time finding them for the 2.0 Duratec engine. Have they made one yet? If so where can I buy one?

·
Registered
180 Posts
u forgot about focussorts cai

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate to ask the typical n00b question, because im sure i could sift through the hundreds of pages already on this topic, but im a busy dude with finals coming up and everything.. anyways, of those mentioned which would yield the highest HP/TQ rating?

·
Registered
440 Posts
best is either focus sport (which i have and lovvvvve) f2 or marcy. i heard k+n lets in alot of dust. but its all in what you want there all about the same hp gain.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too have heard K&N filters let in a fair amount of dust, so I wasnt going to choose that one.. thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to order that focusSport intake soon. :D

..damn, its started already. I wont get my car until july, and im already building a 'list'. [8]

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
i would say cosworth flows more air because it is made of bigger diameter tubing, but they all are realitivly the same hp/tq gains. i would say marcy or focus sport are the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Cosworth is really only made to fit with their TB and on a 2.3. U'd have to do some intake manifold porting in order to get that setup working.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just read on new edge performance that the marcy intake for the duratec has been discontinued, but they are still selling them yet. Didn't know if anybody knew that or not thought i'd let ya know.

·
Registered
509 Posts
just save your money and turbo it haha just kidding. Steeda is a good choice as well from what i have heard. I have not heard about the whole dust thing with knn but their kits come with a dry filter wrap that goes over the filter so who knows!

·
Registered
509 Posts
aem might be a good choice as well cause they are probably the only ones right now with the dryflow filters besides airaid who only makes intakes mostly for trucks and what not. AEM part number is aem-21-452. Not sure if it comes with a dryflow or not though...

·
Registered
596 Posts
IMHO K&N Typhoon CAI w/Dry charger is a good choice. K&N website states 8.6hp gain over stock intake for 2.0L Duratec. The K&N CAI sits up front right behind where the fog lights are and it is a well protected area to keep moisture and dust out. The fact it comes with the dry charger, a silicone treated cover that goes over the filter (moisture resistant) for additional protection was one reason for my choosing this CAI. Since I own a 2007 ST w/2.3L I went with a quality name brand even if it did cost a few pennies more. Totally satisfied.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I couldnt have said that better even though im still not sure which one to get haha but im probably getting rims soon haha

·
Registered
596 Posts
It's Christmas and I am wondering if, since it's winter, the Focus Vinyl mats would be a good idea to ask Santa for, they after all have Focus engraved on them . . lol . . I like the carpeted mats with the Focus name stitched in as well, oh the choices. Cheap modification for interior, but it will make my ST a bit unique and if an ST owner can't be a bit unique then what can he/she be.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Does the magnaflow flex/cat-back exhaust add any hp or torque? Their website doesn't give any info on the 2.3L. Also Trubendz has the Magnaflow tubing in not only stainless, but also aluminized steel. I don't live where there is much snow, (snows or sleets once a year maybe and I don't drive in inclement weather) if any and no salt air from any coast so I am unsure whether the all stainless steel tubing or the aluminized steel tubing will make any real difference, except for pricing. Any suggestions will help as I will be trying to get the exhaust sometime in early 2008. One last thing... is a resonator important with my exhaust. I want a deep well defined sound, but not harsh or raspy. Truthfully I am not sure what a resonator will do to the sound or if it will have any adverse on the free flowing of magnaflow system.

·
Registered
509 Posts
their filter is a rip off though... dont get me wrong i love focussport but 80 bucks if you ever had to replace! lol ok im done now haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a K&N CAI on my '03 2.3 duratec pzev and have no complaints. Easy to install, sounds good, pain in the a$$ to maintain, but thats not the CAI, that's the crappy place the filter fits in.

No problem with water, but it hasn't snowed either, I would think that driving through 10-12'" of fresh snow would freeze the filter, but I'd bet that might happen with stock. I would guess some of our widwest and now eastern friends might be able to comment on that. Norcal hasn't seen but a tease of snow. I bought my car in May.

[cheers]

Rich

1 - 20 of 22 Posts