Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there again guys,

I just received a FC throttle body from a fellow member, and I am going to be fitting it to my 2001 Zx3, is there any porting needed for my intake manny? i would appreciate all of your suggestions.

Thanks

Robert

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
needed? no. Recommended? yes

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay cool, what do you recommend I am trying to do things right?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, have u ever ported anything b4?? if not, go and buy a basic porting kit from the store. Pop off the manifold, comes off w/ a few bolts and removed sensors and go to town!! not difficult at all, just go slow as it is plastic not metal!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha no I havent I am new to modifying cars, and pretty much the whole car lingo. i am sorry but I assumed porting meant modifying or adjusting.
So there is a porting kit, huh? What exactly does that do? I have a gasket for the TB from CFM

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
a porting kit widens the opening where the tb will sit on the manifold. It removes plastic that will interfere w/ the airflow. By porting the IM, you allow more air to travel through it w/ an improved air flow!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay cool, thanks. I wills stop by advance auto parts tomorrow and see if they have it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
When I took off my manifold it took a while but I think my wiring was different. I had trouble disconnecting the sensor down by the oil filter and all the wiring ran through the IM runners... you will not need to move the alternator just the "bracket" thing above it. Its kind of a sqeeze.

I definitly recommend taking it off. Mine was filthy inside after 150k miles. THe mani and head were caked with burnt oil I guess. I am getting some blow-by from the PCV so I installed a catch can.

AH i see you have an 01, you may want to look into swapping to a 2000 IM. They flow better than yours. I cant vouch for the difference since I have always had it in my 2000, but its known to be worth a couple ponies throughout the powerband.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts