Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could something please tell me if there is high-flow intake manifold for the Z-tec, I heard something about the stock 2000 is the best, but not sure. Is there an aftermarket? Is there any HP gains involved?

·
Registered
159 Posts
the early 2000 intake manifolds flow the best but i doubt u will see much of a gain unless u have a highly modified engine

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
for stock manifolds, the ported 2000 manifold would be best. Unless you're going really high NA hp or FI you won't need the FR intake.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
well the 2000 Intake Mani is by the best Intake Mani you can get on a regular focus. There's also the SVT Intake Mani which is even better, but requires some fabrication to get it to work on a Non-SVT Engine. I personally bought my 2000 Intake Manifold from a user on here who switched to the SVT Intake Mani and he said it was a 1,000 x's better than the 2000 Intake Mani.

On a stock Engine, would you notice a difference.......yes. Would it be something you'd jump up and down saying OMFG my car pulls much harder now!!!.....no. But the more mods you have, the better it will be [thumb]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it just the early 2000's that had this intake, or was it all of 2000's. I have an '01, do I have the crappier intake? If I wanted to buy one, is there something that will distinish a 2000 from other ones? Does anybody have one for sale?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts

The one on the left with the Red TB is the 2000 Intake Manifold. I know Jeremy at Focussalvage.com has some....occasionally you'll find someone on the boards selling them. I believe 95% of all 2000's have them. Towards the end of the production year i believe that they've changed the design to the newer mani design. 01 and up have the newer design...

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
and it still has to be modified to fit[?|] & the direct bolt on piece is like 740.00[ohcrap]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Right now there are pretty much 4 intakes you can use. Stock, ported 2000, SVTF, or Ford racing. I wish there were more options out there because I could use one.

Massive, make one and let me test! :D

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
MACMANN130 said:
I just looked and they are 450 at Northcoast and 470 at Summit. That's pretty dam expensive !!!
I'd either get an SVT or 2000 Intake Mani. You can a 2000 Intake Mani for around $100. You can also pick up the SVT Intake Mani and DSI Controller and the other stuff for under $300. Check out Jeremy at www.focussalvage.com and see what he has in stock. I know he keeps the 2000 Intake mani in stock.....not to sure about the SVT mani.

·
Registered
263 Posts
An early 2000 intake manifold should only run you about $100. If you buy one new it shouldn't be over $150. If it is let me know and I'll find one for you cheap. Anyway the early ones have better and straighter runners that IMO are better than the jumbled POS ones they put on the Focus after that. I heard that those pieces were originally pricey for them to produce so it was a cost cutting item that's why you have two different kinds.

the Dirt Brown Kona in Arizona

1 - 15 of 15 Posts