Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i wanted to get a new intake manifold but i dont have any head work done and was told by the people at focus central all i can do is get my stock manifold ported so just wanted to see if anyone new a better way so i can get more horsepower than a ported stock manifold without getting head work done.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
other than a ported 2000 manifold....more power will come in the form of dyno tuned gears/cams. The 65mm tb does little for power but is a good mod...alot more throttle response. A good head would be on this list too. Changing to an fc or fpp intake is only useful for engines producing 170hp+. If you are heading in this direction, you will eventually need one.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Ford Racing hands down, none better for the money.

What other mods do you have?

I see your 2002 ZX3 is a type R, care to explain?

·
Registered
68 Posts
o gees not a type r

any way just take off your intake manifold use a dremel to port the runners, and tb opening. but you always can order a ported 2000 intake manifold off the net its not a bad mod for free but the one off the net is kinda high.

·
Registered
565 Posts
focaltech said:
I see your 2002 ZX3 is a type R, care to explain?
i was gonna mention something, but i thought i'd leave it alone

·
Registered
793 Posts
explain type r to me please!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a type of paint its a dull white used on a civic or integra type r my friends its a paint job thanks for all the help though

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
widebody said:
its a type of paint its a dull white used on a civic or integra type r my friends its a paint job thanks for all the help though
I see so its a paint color, then how come there are type r's in several colors?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys are funny yea i had a pitch black focus but i was gay but it wasnt pitch black because that is a whole different story and type r due come in white but i know you dont keep up with my competition because you still racin those dx civics strugglin thanks for your help and just cause you got head doesnt me you can drive a stick to the finishline.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
can you repeat that in english please? your gay and i got head?

·
Registered
951 Posts
widebody said:
you guys are funny yea i had a pitch black focus but i was gay but it wasnt pitch black because that is a whole different story and type r due come in white but i know you dont keep up with my competition because you still racin those dx civics strugglin thanks for your help and just cause you got head doesnt me you can drive a stick to the finishline.
you can't be serious

1 - 20 of 25 Posts