Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
dont think there is many options here, i know massive speed did an intake mani, but it needed mods to fit, not proven for gains, someone in the know might chime in

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
if it's just a daily driver with basic mods Im not sure if i would go with a Manifold.. you tend to lose low end power..

now if you plan on F/I or a big N/A build then there are options..

one is the top speed manifold- it takes forever to get and well expensive as well..and apparently some people had issues with fitment? im not sure its all second hand knowledge for me on that venue.. ive never messed with them-

finding a Ford Racing manifold that I've really only seen on zetecs not svt's.. so tbh im not sure if that would even work.. and also requires some work to make it fit correctly..

there is also Jim's / Nerps manifold that we are trying to get people to jump in so they make one last run. for SVT's you will need a bracket made for wiring which Corey (another member) can make for you..

overall you will need a tune if you do decide on getting a manifold.. that is a must..

few awesome tuners around here that can help you out.

pm me if you need more info-

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Stock works just fine and there isn't anyone on the board who has enough N/A power to justify changing it.

The money you would spend on an I/M would be better used towards cams, expensive as they are.
Or if you want more RPM, oil pump gear and valve springs.

For reference,
I have a SVT head with a Ford Racing Intake Manifold. The first gen manifold almost fits perfectly. Runners are about 1/16" off but can be ported to match. Also the alternator bracket needs to be slotted so the alternator moves down about 1/4".
And good luck finding one.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Buy a turbo kit and a tune.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
If its performance you want a manifold isnt the best choice

Tune
TB
ORP