Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, if any of you know of any more intake manifolds besides the Focus-Central one and the Ford Racing one, I'd like to know of it.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
nope, you could get you a fart can and weld some runners on it, maybe make you a nice TB mount on one end and cap the other off.....

·
Registered
697 Posts
Make your own!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I might look into making my own intake manifold.

·
Registered
697 Posts
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC said:
Hmm, I might look into making my own intake manifold.
it aint that hard, just amke sure you dont make the chamber so too big. also what'd you plan on doing with your egr??? keep it or get rid of?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what I'll do with my egr. What you think I should do?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i think you should buy a ford racing manifold and 70mm tb with the egr deleted...

·
Registered
697 Posts
or you do that above LOL hehe nice

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
yes...and then blow the motor while the nitrous doesn't work. poor kid with too much $$$ to waste.

·
Registered
697 Posts
intake mani's best for Major powered/tuned ALL Motors, and or someone running alot of boost (i.e. turbo).

correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
thats the thing, he is planning on making alot of all motor power, therfor he seeks a manifold

·
Registered
697 Posts
go for the intake mani like suggested then. he's looking for big numbers. needs big lungs

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, that is the thing. I'm going for big numbers and the intake mani plays a cruciel part in it. The intake mani plays a big role in gaining hp, but you gotta decide if you want long runners or short runners; i.e. if you want more top end power of bottom end power. The FC intake for example gets most of it power at around 5k which is where I shift. That has short runners.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Big numbers, your the guy who thinks he is gonna make the 200 whp and be streetable right. Or was it 175 whp, whatever the case, if you need an intake get the FR manifold. The FC piece is a POS, seen it in person and it is trizznash. The kid on FJ named mycannon made 171 whp using crower stage 2 cams, use crower stage 3 cams and you will be where you want to be.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I was just giving a example of the FC mani, and where it kicks in. The FR mani actually gains a little more hp then the FC piece too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts