Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at upgrading the stock 2.0 intake manifold to the mazdaspeed manifold. Does anyone know if it will bolt up the the 2.0 duratec head?
right now it has the Focus Sport stage 2 turbo kit on it and want to upgrade the intake manifold to something more designed for boost but dont want to spend $800 for the cosworth.
Is there any other ones out there? I haven't seen one.
Thanks

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
highly doubt it, as the heads are the major difference between the Ford and Mazda motors, but i do not know for sure

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will the 2.3 head bolt up with no problems to the 2.0?
I still need to take the head off and see if its damaged.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the head bolts up just fine

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I think you should just spot for the cossie.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Isn't the Mazda a VVT intake, too? You'd need to work with your ECU to tell it how to do that, as all we have are tumble flaps. I'd love to see it done, 'cause I know of a junked Mazda3 around my parts that I would love to peel apart, but I've never heard of it thus far.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the intake manifold isnt interested in the VVT, the VVT is in the head. with the valvetrain.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will the 2.3L head on a 2.0 block change the compression ratio? OR just the CFM?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
it would most likely change the air flow... but if you got a 2.3L head before, like myself... im going to have the head shaved alittle to raise the compression alittle for that extra kick.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i have a speed3 intake manifold and i am planning on installing it on my 2.3. there is a difference. i think i might have to open up the ports so they would match the focus ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts