Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2011 ford focus 2.0 with a few mods. id like to get a stock intake manifold without the swirl flaps what cars did they come without swirl flaps im sure someone has done this before.. also does anyone run a different tb off a mustang?? with a stock manifold simple mods??? figured id ask if anyone has any simple mods like this lmk

·
Registered
16,336 Posts
Thinking they all had them? People removing them have remarked at throttle response dropping off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car is already tuned so i would think that wouldnt a big deal a quick data log cant fix... have you done this mod?... also this same engine was used in all kinds of makes and models.. i do believe that not all had swirl flaps we are talking 2.0 2.3 duratec engine i dont even know if the 2.3 intake works on the 2.0 if anyone knows that would be great too im just trying to save money and time if i can call a junkyard and get a intake off a certain car instead of looking at 10 cars at 10 places thatd be great.... these fail rattle and tick before falling apart either this or i remove them jb weld the holes shut

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 08 no flaps, it might help to look at the vehicle emission control information sticker under the hood it should say California for sale ULEV II qualified, I think its the PZEV that has the flaps but I don't know for sure. What does your car say? You have that vacuum line in the middle of the intake that controls the flaps too I believe. There should be multiple threads that talk about it if you can search through this giant database I'm sure you can find your answer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have the flaps gonna be getting the non flap manifold off a 2010 ford connect van

1 - 5 of 5 Posts