Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the gaint scheme of things i have decided to go with a vct eliminator, dual adjustable cams, and custom intake mani. The problem is i know were to get every single of one these pieces except the intake mani. I put this on the fi/ because i will need to be for boost, somewere around 15 psi. I mean can you fab up a box of aluminum with the ports of the tb, and hoses for the engine and be done with it.. i don't know what so special about the intake manifold anyways.
Also tom told me idle issue comes from the maf sensor being so far away from the tb. lets just say for shits and giiggles i get a mafia can i put that on the pipe going form the fmic to the tb? i know that the car will need to be retuned and i don't think i will follow through on this i was just wonder. any help would be nice thank you .

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I dont remember saying "tom told me idle issue comes from the maf sensor being so far away from the tb." Distance realy has nothing to do with idle issues as much as location and by location i mean close to bends how straight the pipe is before and after the MAF can change a lot of things

As for the intake manifold look for one of the older FR Zetec intakes and use it

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I dont remember saying "tom told me idle issue comes from the maf sensor being so far away from the tb." Distance realy has nothing to do with idle issues as much as location and by location i mean close to bends how straight the pipe is before and after the MAF can change a lot of things

As for the intake manifold look for one of the older FR Zetec intakes and use it

Tom

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i meant the cutting off issue from a sudden stop,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts