Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so we all know any zetec intake will fit our engines.

My question is- what is it with intakes advertising for manual transmission only?

Will it not fit directly?

sorry for the newb question but I'm stumped the Auto only ones look identical...

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
The engine in the auto zetec cars is located about 1.5-2" closer to the firewall of the car. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind that is, but I have seen both an auto zetec and a manual zetec and it is the truth...I'm pretty sure that is the reasoning for the intakes to be labled and possibly made slightly different between the two.

Mike

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess I'll let everyone know how an intake fits that is marked zetec MTX only on my ATX SPI motor...

I've also never seen the intake I bought on anyones focus before, so I guess I'm the crash test dummy. it looks like it will have good results especially if I keep the stock snorkle in place after I take out the rest of the intake.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I am thinking since the mounts for the intake won't be in the same place on the SPI as the Zetec it won't matter whether it is for ATX or MTX since you will be engineering your own fitment anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts