Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looks like something I could make with some metal tubing.. Have you noticed anything besides noise? I do like ow it got rid of that weird rubber bend thing though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
To what degree would you say it has increased intake sound (i.e. 20%, 50%???). Just curious because I drove for a couple of days with the top cover off my air box and found it was too loud for my liking but that was with the stock filter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
636 Posts
To what degree would you say it has increased intake sound (i.e. 20%, 50%???). Just curious because I drove for a couple of days with the top cover off my air box and found it was too loud for my liking but that was with the stock filter.

Thanks!
I've tried that too and I totally agree, its really really loud. I must say though, I LOVE the burble it makes at 2-3k rpm. Too bad the engine seems to lose a lot of power while doing this; I had to practically floor it to climb a hill that usually gave the Focus no problems. I'm curious what this intake would do, it doesn't seem to suck in air from any lower in the engine bay than the stock one. (Its not curved down towards the road like many I've seen for other cars)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't try it without the top cover but i imagine it sounds the same its definitely a sound increase. I'll upload a video tomorrow. 50% Especially when floored

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Not Much Of A Power Increase But It Does Sound Nice Even Without An Aftermarket Exhaust.
You likely are losing power. Tell me where the air is coming in from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if I'm losing power it definitely picks up speed faster since the throttle response improved since installed. It came with a flexible ram air kit that allows me to place it where i want so it can get more air it installs at the top of it but as you see space is an issue and can't really use it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You lost torques because the intake is too free flowing... You need to make the pipe longer some how. It's only a 2.0, a short ram intake isn't going to give much gains in this form... Especially with out tuning the cpu for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts