Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I figure I would come to my friends here at FF for an honest answer. I am in the process of building up a Steeda Focus for show. I have all the show stuff and some go stuff and in teh next year I hope to take teh big trip from PA to Florida to get their very special interior which I drool over. But anyways, Steeda only offers a short ram intake which looks neat and all but I live up north where I heard short rams are about useless where as a Volant system will be useful up here. The Volant will ruin the whole Steeda approach I am taking though. Tell me what you guys think!! I will still decide this on my own but your imput will be taken into consideration.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
sorry but the reasoning you or whoever is using is backwards, while the volant and similar intakes are favcored for their cold air pulling capabilities whereas the short ram pulls in hot engine air, but if you live up north it should be cooler right? I live in TX and theres a big diff in nighttime driving and daytime due to the heat, but up inorth its cooler eh?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
...if you seriously wanna stay with the steeda...find someone that does sheetmetal work and have them build you a heat sheild that would add some look...then polish it up.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Kicknzx3 said:
...if you seriously wanna stay with the steeda...find someone that does sheetmetal work and have them build you a heat sheild that would add some look...then polish it up.
[rofl] spot on KicKn..
seriously blackandgold, since you care that much about the show side, why would you care about which intake to choose? i mean the main reason why someone would get an intake is to take advantage of its capabilities, and since you know the volant is the better choice (power wise), your question becomes pointless![idea]
if you want show and only show, you know which one to choose!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts