Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I have added a short Ram Air Intake to my 2.0 Zetec, ever since then I seemed to have lost about 10-15 mpg. The Oxygen sensor is still in place, and there are no check engine lights on in the car. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Or have any solutions?

·
Registered
705 Posts
10 - 15 mpg as you are getting about that many miles to the gallon ? Maybe you are losing that many per tank right ? If its true its due to the fact that in traffic the air the engine is taking in is really hot.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Maybe you got a little case lead foot....[:D]

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I put in my mass air, I had the same problem. Its because I liked the new sound and power... I fixed that problem by buying a CAI, same gas problem, MORE POWER!

·
Registered
23 Posts
you might like the way it sounds so you rev it up more than usual making your gas go away. i didnt have the gas problem till i put in the cam gears then my gas went to hell.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CAI? what do you mean ZIM? Sorry Im horrible with abbreviations.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
djnevoc said:
CAI? what do you mean ZIM? Sorry Im horrible with abbreviations.
CAI=Cold Air Intake[:D]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
if you have an oxygen sensor in your intake you have a problem...you have your IAT and MAF. not oxygen sensor. but for you to lose gas milage...either you drive like a nut case, horrible w/ match or the little people r stealing gas from your tank.

·
Registered
23 Posts
a non-functional, or mis-installed, mass air flow sensor could cause a car to lose 10-15 mpg (theoretically). usually a car won't start without a maf sensor, but it could be falling back into what's called "limp" mode without setting the mil.

stick an odb-ii tool onto your car and see if it's running excessively lean or rich. if you don't own one, head down to your local autozone and have them stick one on. they should do it for free, if i'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I installad a short ram very similar to yours on my little SPI, but I didnt notice any loss.. made a nice sound though when the air is pulled in.. I bet youre just a screw up..jk.. does anyone know how hard it would be to build my own little heat shield? any suggestions on like what exactly would I need? has anyone done this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts