Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really wanting to install the complete Volant Intake Kit with the combination of a Magnaflow exhaust. I'm wanting to know your reviews of these products individually and in combination if you have or have had them installed together.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Really wanting to install the complete Volant Intake Kit with the combination of a Magnaflow exhaust. I'm wanting to know your reviews of these products individually and in combination if you have or have had them installed together.
A 2.5'' magna flow system will help w/ the flow. Do you or are you going to add a orp?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I'd do a orp & see what you think. I'd also add a t/b & tune.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd do a orp & see what you think. I'd also add a t/b & tune.
from what I've read (focaljet) the aftermarket t/b doesn't do much and I'd just be better off modifying the stock t/b but I have read that a tune makes a world of differences in these cars

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
from what I've read (focaljet) the aftermarket t/b doesn't do much and I'd just be better off modifying the stock t/b but I have read that a tune makes a world of differences in these cars
What I found is when these cars were new is adding a t/b & tune to delete the off idle hesitation.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I got a tune from Randy (when he was still at FSWerks), and it is the best/most useful mod I have done. No high RPM on cold start, and as Felix said, no hesitation coming off idle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I found is when these cars were new is adding a t/b & tune to delete the off idle hesitation.
I got a tune from Randy (when he was still at FSWerks), and it is the best/most useful mod I have done. No high RPM on cold start, and as Felix said, no hesitation coming off idle.
alright thanks guys, really looking forward to what new stuff I can learn and making the best out of my little car

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I have the Magna Flow 2.5 inch flex back system on my ZX3 and it sounds great! And it did help wake the car up.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Tune and lower poly dog mount makes a good difference.

If you go new exhaust, try to find a Borla system or FSwerks stealth exhaust.

As for the intake, the SVT stock intake was rated one of the best as long as you throw in an aftermarket filter in there.

If you're set on the Volant, it was originally designed for the non-SVT engine. It still fits 'alright' though. If you find the ram air scoop (which is rare), it might not fit with your battery. I just recently replaced my battery with something similar to OEM and I found it was slightly bigger than the battery that was in there when I bought the car used. So no more ram scoop for me... but I don't notice a difference at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tune and lower poly dog mount makes a good difference.

If you go new exhaust, try to find a Borla system or FSwerks stealth exhaust.

As for the intake, the SVT stock intake was rated one of the best as long as you throw in an aftermarket filter in there.

If you're set on the Volant, it was originally designed for the non-SVT engine. It still fits 'alright' though. If you find the ram air scoop (which is rare), it might not fit with your battery. I just recently replaced my battery with something similar to OEM and I found it was slightly bigger than the battery that was in there when I bought the car used. So no more ram scoop for me... but I don't notice a difference at all.
I like the Borla system just don't like the price haha but I'll give it some second thought. I have a K&N drop-in filter in my factory box already, the problem I have with that is the previous owner took off the snorkel for some odd reason so I feel I'm just getting heat soak. Another thing that attracted me to the Volant system is the ram air kit but only for the performance aspect; it'd help "pretty" up my ugly engine bay (previous owner also took off all the plastics but did no wire tucking at all).

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I like the Borla system just don't like the price haha but I'll give it some second thought. I have a K&N drop-in filter in my factory box already, the problem I have with that is the previous owner took off the snorkel for some odd reason so I feel I'm just getting heat soak. Another thing that attracted me to the Volant system is the ram air kit but only for the performance aspect; it'd help "pretty" up my ugly engine bay (previous owner also took off all the plastics but did no wire tucking at all).
IK you get it back in order. Borla's the cats meow & then fwerks system is 2nd.

·
Registered
262 Posts
id love a borla, but as im in uk, and our rear bumpers are smaller, the us borla exhaust tip would sit tooo far out, and i dont fancy trimming a great piece of engineering with an angle grinder

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Shortening the exhaust shouldn't be all that hard for a shop to do. A lot of the North American guys here got their hands on "euro" rear bumpers and modified their US exhausts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts