Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery has been on the way out and its due to go to garage tomorrow to have a new one fitted.
Typically the car went flat yesterday so rac came out and put one of those booster things on and waited 10 minutes then it started.

Since this i have no instrument, no petrol, no rev, no speedometer so i dont know how fast im going.

What has happened, how do i get them to work again?

Its a 2011 ford focus new shape (mk3 i think they call it)

I checked all the little fuses last night in engine bay and non had blown.

Any help would be great as its due an MOT tomorrow too but looks like its a definate fail.

The car is 3 years old, is it normal for a battery to always be dead, its been playing up for last few months if you leave the car unlocked for 20-30 mins its dead.

thanks

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
There is a fuse box inside under the dash as well.

It really sounds like your alternator is on it's way out as well.

Go to a auto parts store that offers free electrical testing.

But, my guess is that the alt and the battery are bad.

As far as the cluster not working, remove the battery cables from the battery for 30 mins.

·
Registered
17,445 Posts
Somewhere in car could be a short in wiring as well. Have the 'bad' battery both charged up and then load tested, if by some odd chance it passes at the correct CCA then car wiring becomes more suspect.

You must start with a known good battery and working alt before doing anything else.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My battery has been on the way out and its due to go to garage tomorrow to have a new one fitted.
Typically the car went flat yesterday so rac came out and put one of those booster things on and waited 10 minutes then it started.

Since this i have no instrument, no petrol, no rev, no speedometer so i dont know how fast im going.

What has happened, how do i get them to work again?

Its a 2011 ford focus new shape (mk3 i think they call it)

I checked all the little fuses last night in engine bay and non had blown.

Any help would be great as its due an MOT tomorrow too but looks like its a definate fail.

The car is 3 years old, is it normal for a battery to always be dead, its been playing up for last few months if you leave the car unlocked for 20-30 mins its dead.

thanks
Are you going to a dealer, or an independent mechanic for this? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Meagan - great to notice this one, looks like a MkIII type but it's an '11 located in the UK.

You've got the Canadian rep info handy, might need to dig deep for UK info. (grin)

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Meagan - great to notice this one, looks like a MkIII type but it's an '11 located in the UK.

You've got the Canadian rep info handy, might need to dig deep for UK info. (grin)
I don't know how I missed that; I don't think it was there when I replied?

In any case, here are the phone numbers for the Great Britain Customer Relationship Center

Telephone Number 0845-841-1111 (UK) +44-1327-306605 (Int.)
One Call - Local Number 020 3564 4444
One Call - International +44 20 3564 4444

Meagan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts