Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Hatchback 2.0
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The unplanned project of upgrading my instrument panel cluster seems to have turned out successful. My '14 Titanium 2.0 DCT factory CM5T-10849-CTG IPC has been swapped to a JJ5T-10849-TA from a '17-19 Escape and so far has tested good with all the function checks I performed.

A little back story....I never really had the intent to change out or upgrade the IPC but after I, well really the car, started having "loss of communication" codes saying the other modules aren't able to communicate with the IPC. After doing some digging I discovered some sort of check-sum error within the cluster module. This went on for about a week then finally the entire instrument panel quit working. Now with it being completely dead I was quickly forced into sourcing a replacement and with the help of a lot of searching, reading forums and scouring ebay, I finally grabbed a much newer model cluster for cheap.

The actual swap, while it wasnt exactly a plug and play changeover, it only required 1 minor wiring change to get it working. I did quite a bit of searching and digging for the wiring diagrams that i needed for both vehicles so i could compare them and see what could be different between the two vastly different models. In the end it boiled down to just moving the Ground (black wire) for the instrument cluster from pin position #10 to pin #11 for the new cluster to work.

Took it on a short drive up and down our road and tested all the lights, indicators, new information screens and all performed as expected! Only thing that is left to do it connect it to Forscan and make a few adjustments with settings and features

Got a good laugh now that the car says it only has 46k miles on it LOL.....But Ill get that changed soon.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Steering part
Circuit component Finger Electronic engineering Electronic component Hardware programmer
Car Plant Vehicle Speedometer Odometer

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Hatchback 2.0
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just curious, are there any differences? Or is it just newer? I put an escape steering wheel in my car and I love it. Was going to start researching what else I could take from them.
Only 2 things I've seen so far are the digital speedometer and the instant mpg pages. Dont really care about the instant mpg but the digital speedo is pretty neat to have up.
Car Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Plant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts