Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i install a instrument cluster on my focus zx4 (sedan) with a instrument cluster that came from a focus zx3 (3dr hatchback) will my trip and odometer read the same. Mind you both instrument clusters are complete all I'm doing is unplugging my old one for the one i pulled from the other car and they both have tachometers.

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
uh no itll have the mileage from the car you took it from. my car is under 100k but my cluster says 138k because it came from a higher mileage car but i wanted a tach.trip will be the same. you reset it at zero and it keeps track of mileage, but being the diffrence in the years of the cars you have to make sure the plug in matches there were 2 or 3 diffrent plug designs they used

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car has alil bit over 104K on it and it's an '05 but I'm not sure what the other car is because a lot of the front end was missing from it. if it doesn't fit then i'll just sell it on ebay.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
yeah the 01 cluster most likely wont fit in your car, in 05 i beleive they switched the plug size

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
iirc the plug is actually the same but their was an additional smaller plug above the other plug on some clusters. not positive but the search function is your friend the info is here ya just gotta go find it. i distincly remember a post from kenzx3 describing the diffrences between the 3 types

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
iirc the plug is actually the same but their was an additional smaller plug above the other plug on some clusters. not positive but the search function is your friend the info is here ya just gotta go find it. i distincly remember a post from kenzx3 describing the diffrences between the 3 types
So there is 3? When i looked i only seen 2 a white and a gray. The white usually was from the 00-04 and the gray was what my car took 05-07

When i searched i found more 05s had the tach, fewer 06 and the most rare was the 07 with a tach. I guess as the got got older people decided to just strip them to just an economy car.

100k should be easy to find on e-bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts