Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bare bones 07 ZX3 and the instrument cluster is with out a tachometer. Can I get a cluster from the junk yard that has a tachometer and install it? Are they plug and play?[ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Did it on my '04, with one from the same model year with slightly less mileage on it - BEST 'mod." to date (I got lucky finding an EXACT match cheap).

Plug n play.....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yes, and yes. Any 05-07 cluster w/tach should fit, but check the plug in your car with the socket in the cluster. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Only one warning- the mileage goes with the instrument cluster. I don't know why they do that, but they do. Just be sure to note your mileage before swapping the cluster. Then if you end up with more miles on the new cluster, you can take some pics with your phone to record the swap in case you sell it one day or have issues with your insurance company. Sometimes insurance companies will not pay if you drive over your reported mileage per year. Either that or it would definitely seriously devalue the vehicle.

I would write down all the information in the owner's manual, swap date, pics, mileage before and after.

Now if it's less mileage on the new one.... [paranoid]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts