Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I start her up a couple of days ago to go to work and I notice I have no guages. Car door open warning light works, blinker light on the dash works but nothing else, needles wont move. Coming home, the guages were working sometimes, sometimes not. They'd fire up, die, fire up...
So I pulled off the guage surround, pushed the connecter in on the back and everything worked fine on the test drive.

This afternoon, nothing again. I have blinker indicators, door open light and that's it. Pushing on the back of the gauge hook up did nothing this time.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

After extensive reading, it seems like WD40 fixes the problem most of the time - I'll be trying that this week.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Electronic Technician since 1969

Why would WD40 fix that?

Heads up! WD-40 melts some plastics
Better to use no residue electronic contact cleaner at first [if you can find it]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm reviving this thread as this is happenning again. The last time I cleaned up a ground under the airfilter and the guages worked fine all winter. Then, the other day, I noticed I had no guages again. Then they started working but now they dont anymore. I cleaned up the ground again and I chscked the connecter at the cluster, nothing has worked. I have warning lights but no speedo, tach, fuel or coolant gauges. Any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bump. Got a call from the wife. Ours just started doing this exact thing. Also before this happened the radio would reset about once a day and the trip would randomly reset.

So should I be looking for a new cluster? or start checking wiring/fuses?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts