Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i changed all the instrument bulbs in the heat/ vent control area. I used slim wedge 12v / 1.2watt. But the light got so very BRIGHT! Compared to the rest of the old bulbs. I tried to read on the old bulbs, but the print was so weak i could not read it. It might have been 1 watt, but i am not sure. My car is 4.5 years old now.

Is it dangerous if the wattage is too big? May it cause fire or meltdown.

And does anyone know what watt size that is original?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have bought 4 pieces of t-wedge 12volt/ 1.2 watt bulbs. I installed them yesterday. What a BRIGHT light!!! Almost twice as bright as the old ones. Whats up with this. I can't find bulbs lower than 1.2 watt.

Today i have talked with 3 ford shops. Wtf? Nobody knows what watt the instrument bulbs on a focus have????

I know its 12 volts of course.

Any bulb expert here?

Anyway here is a pictureof the old bulb.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exsodius said:
I have bought 4 pieces of t-wedge 12volt/ 1.2 watt bulbs. I installed them yesterday. What a BRIGHT light!!! Almost twice as bright as the old ones. Whats up with this. I can't find bulbs lower than 1.2 watt.

Today i have talked with 3 ford shops. Wtf? Nobody knows what watt the instrument bulbs on a focus have????

I know its 12 volts of course.

Any bulb expert here?

Anyway here is a pictureof the old bulb.
I found out that this bulb is 14 volt 90 mA. It was written on the glass. Can somebody calculate watt size out of these numbers?

Thanks

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
the bulb size #74. go to vleds.com or ebay to find u a pair of that led bulb with the color of ur choice. volts dont matter, as a matter of fact leds use less voltage than regular halogen bulbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts