Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to get to be able to install the Sony Xpold 52Wx4 stereo in my 2000 focus se? Where could I find The face plat I need to Fill in the gap that the stock stereo left in my dash? Im worried cuz the stock stereo is curved to fit in my dash, will that make a difference?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the kit from ebay, would that leave a gap in my dash board? And does the curve on my dash make a difference with that stereo in it? And the link u gave me for the harness was for an LX, that also works with an SE?

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
there are actually three parts you will need. the dash kit, harness, and antenna adapter.
metra part numbers:
99-5806
70-1770
40-vw10

you can get them from several places online or from local car audio shops.

the dash kit will fit properly in the hole and look fine. there are a couple different styles of kits as well that have a slightly different appeareance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
^ This.
Definitely don't forget the antenna adapter, if you want radio reception. Also don't forget to grab a pack of crimp connectors to or at least some electrical tape (if you don't have a crimper or good pliers) to help connect the wires together.
You can probably find these parts at your local Best Buy, just tell them your car and they will probably have it in stock. It will probably cost more than ordering online, but then you don't have to wait for shipping.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
^Thanks guys I forgot about the adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts