Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All. This site has been REALLY helpful to me with some of my projects. I'm hoping that I can get a little more knowledge for my current project :)

I just bought an SVT factory subwoofer (complete with amp, enclosure, driver, etc) and am going to install it in my 2005 ZX3 with my Alpine headunit. I don't have the factory wiring harness and will need to run my own wires. Not a big deal, but I don't know what the pin-out of the factory amp imput is. Does anyone know what's what on that amp? A pin diagram would be great.

Also, if anyone that has upgraded their factory sub wants to snip off the factory harness connector for the sub amp I'd be happy to pay $10 plus shipping for it.

I basically just need to know which pin is power, ground, audio +, audio -, and power amp enable/turn-on.

I want to give the factory amp/driver a shot before upgrading it so I hope someone can help...

Thanks!

·
Registered
621 Posts
if you go to your local dealership and ask for the schematics, they will usually make a photocopy for you free of charge.
if you go this route, please scan and post - this is a useful enough mod that it would be a handy sticky =p

i know its a little late now, but MTX makes an 'upgraded' version of the SVT enclosure/speaker.

good luck with the install =D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I looked at the alternatives (MTX, Q-Logic, JL Audio) but I wanted a cheaper option. I was able to get the complete factory setup for like $130 shipped, plus it looks like it will leave me more space in the hatch. Given the price I thought I would give this a shot before spending a LOT more on one of the aftermarket options.

I'll see what I can find about the ford subwoofer amp and will post the info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it would be great, but I can't really read it. Maybe the forum has downsized it automatically. Any chance you can PM me a larger version? Or maybe a pdf?

Thanks. I really appreciate.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
shooga said:
Also, if anyone that has upgraded their factory sub wants to snip off the factory harness connector for the sub amp I'd be happy to pay $10 plus shipping for it.

I basically just need to know which pin is power, ground, audio +, audio -, and power amp enable/turn-on.

I want to give the factory amp/driver a shot before upgrading it so I hope someone can help...

Thanks!
I have the wire harness that plugs into the amp.
PM me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Ford Focus SVT Factory AMP

This tread appears to have been dead for a while, but im here to revive it. I REALLY need the pin out for the connector input of the factory amp on a 2003 Ford Focus SVT. Please help if you can. I would take the same image above if it were legible or if someone could email me the pdf that would work too.

Thank you sincerely!

Max

1 - 9 of 9 Posts