Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im not at that pert i need to know if i can switch my zx3 with the svt with no problems......thats what i posted this for...if you want a link to the site pm me i need to find it

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
should be fine, at least on the rear. ford body shop is slapping a svt rear bumper on my zx5 right now. he said it's going on with no probs. front: dunno

Mike

·
Registered
597 Posts
whiteboyslo said:
should be fine, at least on the rear. ford body shop is slapping a svt rear bumper on my zx5 right now. he said it's going on with no probs. front: dunno

Mike
how much did they charge you for the bumper? i have the same question as "Sharpening_Beneath", did you need to buy other stuff to install the bumper cover? i'm asking because on fordparts.com ( https://fordparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html ) they list a whole bunch of things to buy with the bumper cover, so instead of paying 307$ for the bumper itself, you end up paying around 550$...
so how much was yours?

·
Registered
39 Posts
wow, why would ya'll want to get an overpriced Svtf bumper? Why not just get a wingswest fromt bumper that looks 100% better for a lower price. Go to modern perfomance and they will hook ya up. You could get a WHOLE bodykit for around that same price nonetheless. Unless ya think the stock bumper looks kewl, I think that the aftermarket kit will give ya the look ya need and make your ride look P.I.M.P. The F/R bumpers are a direct fit using the same bolt patterns on both vehicles. The F/R Svtf bumper should be a direct repacement, albeit an overpriced one.
www.moderperfomance.com
[hatchet]

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with the fogs lights i just read you have to directly wirethem together, the harnes wont work, but i cant find a body kit i like, thay are all weird, but the rs kit is nice, whatever.......im going to do most of my mods all at once......saving money is the key

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
got the car back. looks great. will post pics this weekend. all the invoice says is that i bought a bumper cover. that's it. he said it just bolted right up.

Mike

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
uh, i didn't get the front. just the rear. i got it from ford. they were the ones doing the bodywork (car was in a crash). the SVT bumper was actually about $15 cheaper than my stock one. it cost around $385 (of course, that's the body shop's cost. who knows what ford would charge retail) plus painting. i highly suggest getting someone with insurance to hit you. it's the easiest way! (joking, of course).

Mike

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no no i know, i was off roading my focus like 2 months ago and hit a trailer with a bobcat on it.......on my right side my fenders are pushed in a bit and next to my rear bumper on the fenders its in and lost paint...im always hopping someone goes to park by me and hits it so i dont have to pay...its fine, but it needs to get fixed....sad huh!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'd say wait and hit up ebay for a used SVT bumper. There are always SVT people swapping out theirs for aftermarket bumpers and stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts