Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about cars, and I want to install a subwoofer in my focus. I can buy all the necessary equipment, provided someone can list what is needed.

The thing is that I've never done work on cars, never had to repair or connect anything basically. So I'm looking for a very, very beginner-friendly tutorial (pictures/video would be best) for how to install the amp and subs, step by step. I have been thinking about just paying some shop like Jiffy Lube to install, but I've head they can charge a few hundred for a task that can be rather simple.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Order the headunit from crutchfield.com they give you everything you need the wiring kit and all the adapters.

as for the subs box and amp. you should look on crutchfield but buy from amazon thats where you will get it the cheapest. If you put in subs you are gonna want to upgrade your door speakers as well because you will end up blowing them with a better head unit and a sub. I am running 1 12inch sub on a 400watt amp. and it hits pretty hard for 1 12.

you can get a wiring kit from walmart, that's where i got mine it came with 6 gauge wire which will handle a 700 watt amp fine. costs about 35 bucks from walmart.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I agree with Notorious completely except for where to get your wiring kit for your amp I Suggest going anywhere but wallmart Your best bet is to look online, The stuff walmart carries is way to expensive for what it is and the wires dont flex as easly as other brands you can get online. Depending on what size amp you want to hook up you should look for lower gauge wire.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I got the schoshe kit. its 6 guage power wire for 36 bucks. My friend bought a wiring kit online for like the same price his came with 8 guage. and the wires were kinda shitty. that's why i suggested it.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nice man!

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope is not going to cut it. Two 12" subs and a box for a price that you cant even get one decent 12" sub element is not going to sound nice. It might be loud and rattle things but thats it. If its your first sub, dont touch it, get a decent single 10 or 12 inch in a sealed box. After a while you will know what you want from your sub. Is it sq or spl, or sql :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts