Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought one of those cheap cut corner subs from walmart (The 70 dollar 300 watt single 10 inch sub made by DUAL) Got the sub install kit,, and realized i would need a Low line converter. So I need help trying to install it. The battery hookup will be easy.. but need help figuring out where to wire up my line output converter, how to hook it up to the remote wire, and which wires to get audio (Head unit harness, or can i tap into one of the three harnesses for the stock amp. (Ill include pics for ppl who know) have the 2013 Focus with the Sync mytouch (Has the upgraded sony system, with stock amp and sub). I prolly will take out the sub and amp, since the sub has an amp built in (i understand there will be issues with the whole system if i do) Thanks!! -Nathan H

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ive heard these systems can be a pain in the ass when stereo and alarm shopping!
I would buy an amp with a line converter built in or buy a line converter from a large store (walmart etc) run your power and ground as you would normally, your gonna want a shut off switch installed on your amp circuit so you can turn it off when you park your car to avoid feedback.
Tap into your rear speaker lines and run to the line converter on your amp.
Your gonna have to make a jumper wire from your 12v to your signal on your amp, this will allow your amp to turn on and controlled by the switch you installed.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts