Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried to install the steering wheel audio controls in a car that didn't come with them? Any idea what is involved? Seems like it's probably not worth it, but I see a couple of the control arms on eBay right now.

·
Registered
573 Posts
not worth it? I dont know how to use my headunit.... im soo used to the controls. I just bought a system for my car and i searched for all the right stuff so i can KEEP my head unit because of 2 things, 1. the steering wheel controls, and 2. the 6 disk changer thats so easily accessable

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely like the idea of steering wheel controls. The problem is that I'd be paying like $30 for the control arm plus like $80 for PAC adaptor to make it work with my Alpine headunit. And I'm not even sure if my steering column has the mount for the arm. So it seems like a lot of work and a high cost just to add the controls...

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
Nightm4re said:
not worth it? I dont know how to use my headunit.... im soo used to the controls. I just bought a system for my car and i searched for all the right stuff so i can KEEP my head unit because of 2 things, 1. the steering wheel controls, and 2. the 6 disk changer thats so easily accessable
Pioneer has a double-din unit now that has a 6-disc indash changer and you can get an interface for it to use the steering wheel controls. Also, note that it is a 6 disc CD/DVD changer. Here is a link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069872_307671418,00.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts