Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you replace the rear speakers in a ZX3 hatchback???????

·
Registered
705 Posts
Very carefully !!!! Lol just kidding wish i could help but i am in the same boat i wanna buy some infinity reference speakers but i ant find them in a store near by and dont wanna pay for install it costs up the butt if you dont buy the speakers from the company. Hopefully posting will get this on the main page to get some more peopl to see the post.

·
Registered
951 Posts
you need to remove the rear panels to get to the speakers.......it's a pain, some people might find it an easy install but i paid the 100 bones and had all 4 put in for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm with BIGBADWORM. Unless you have patience to do it yourself let pay someone to do it for you. Pulling out the rear panels is a pain and take much carefulness to do. So be ware if you are planning to do it yourself that you have the time and patience for it. Only because those panels are bit fragile

·
Registered
310 Posts
Pay someone, I've messed up many-a-times installing speakers. And then had to pay outta pocket even more to fix the mess. I've got it down now, but not for the hatch. Pay someone, you'll be happy ya did =)

·
Registered
639 Posts
yeah i did it myself this summer. not real hard, just time consuming becuase i didnt want to break anything. basically there is a little clip that looks like the head of a nail on the b-pillar by where the seatbelt goes. pull that out. then you need to pull the whole piece out where the seatbelt goes into. just feel around for the clips and GENTLY pull them off. then come the big piece under the window. there is two hidden clips that you can find by lifting up the back seat towards the front seat. gently pull those out. then the big piece is held on by some clips under the window. pull up on the panel carefully and it should pop out after that. like i said, not too hard, but take your time so you dont break anything and so everything goes back together.

·
Registered
89 Posts
it's a pain..but i finished both sides in like 35-45min

1 - 7 of 7 Posts