Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are ridiculous. However, in the end they sure make things look better as we in the Mid-Atlantic always figure things out. The knuckle's for Josh's car were a little too small for the racelands to fit so we tried to shave some of it off. No luck. So with the experience of James, a little lube and some elbow grease we were able to get the coilovers in. I wasn't present to install the right side because i was handling firefighter buisness, but i did manage to help with the left side (sorta haha) These pics were taken in a period of two days.

as jame's said, these were kicking is[smackbum]

I was happy because i've never worked on a suspension before. pretty surprised how easy it was

still kicking his butt

my girlfriend was taking pictures, can you tell?

huge story about this one. we gave up on the fronts so we opted to change the rears. Sadly, (and i'm doing this to bust his balls) SOMEONE forgot to tighten his lug nuts all the way down and had a loose wheel pulling out of the driveway. didn't look pretty at all while i watched the whole thing so i ended up tightening them all the way. Gr8 job josh [hihi] but in all seriousness, so much was going on just trying to put these things in it was a bit nerve racking

the next day......................

James showed up

When i walked in more hell broke loose as....well look at the picture below and tell me what's wrong?

mhm...two broke so james' pulled out his big ol' hammer and knocked them out.

that was an easy fix though and Josh is on his way to Focusfest as you read

so josh lubed up his fingers and played with his knuckles [:I]

and we got to putting the coilover in [:D]

o and if you need a fender roller we have one in the Mid-A. It does all the work for you and runs off of beer lol

No pics of the finished product cause it was dark out but i'm sure yall will see it in kentucky. His car looks great from the first time i've seen it. He's got recaros and svt seats now and i'm jealous as crap. o well, maybe one day my car will be good enough to look at lol. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yea installing coilovers is a ballache isn't it haha.

My AP's went on in about 6 hours all in all. Looking good tho [:D]

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
my coilovers weren't THAT difficult, but yet again, in a period of 2 months i removed and installed my front suspension almost 10 times, don't ask why lol. looks good can't wait ti see the final result.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yeah. i saw his car this weekend and i have to say it was one of my favorites there! looks awesome. I'll be posting my pics fro thee weekend here soon hopefully.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Very nice. If you have further trouble getting the old suspension out or the new in, use a cold chisel to spread the knuckle. Makes it a lot easier.

·
factory but custom
1,717 Posts
I had the same issue when installing my h&r's...good job on getting it done and need pics of new stance

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
I had all th e"right" tools in my garage :p

It was fun I had no idea all this was going on though, damn you Moe. Fender pulling was real quick though, had to do somethingin a flash.

Hey josh did you bring home a trophy?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
hey james, yah i had no idea he was doing all this lol and nope, no trophy. I didnt hear them announce the winners for the car show, i know they're going to post them up in the thread. but i think mine looked pretty good. i really wanna start doing some shows. i like getting it all clean and talking to people about it. we should do some shows/

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Looks awesome, I can feel for ya it took me and two friends 7 hours to install mine. I had more issues with stuck and broke bolts than anything. I used a jack handle to "roll" my fenders LOL.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Saw it parked Sunday at the hotel people stayed at for FF.. looked clean as hell.. love the color too

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
I agree. The photo is a good representation of the ride ... but definitely looks much much better in person.

-Ray-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts