Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So im installing my springs today...got the front in YAY! The rear however, the springs are different, they one one end the coils are closer than on the other end...which end it the top and which is the bottom????

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Im guessing the ones that are farther apart would be at the top? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, good luck! I'm sure we'd all like to see pics of the drop[thumb]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I def wanna make sure it is right before I go for an alignment today...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one??????

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I don't think it matters, but that's just me. However, I would think the coils that are further spaced go down.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Toolman00 said:
I don't think it matters, but that's just me. However, I would think the coils that are further spaced go down.
it really does not matter, as long as the spring is properly seated in the isolator (that padded ring that sits at the top)

My springs are installed dead-coils on top.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, thanx for the feedback etc....I put the rear springs in so that the coils that are closest together are at the top, etc....

Went and got an alignment and all they needed to adjust was the toe.

First impressions...pretty spiffy...I am running these springs on the stock 05 dampers, shocks, etc...not too shabby....I DEF need a rear sway bar...next I will save up for some KYB AGXs. Oh yeah, my car has 20K miles on it too....

Also I installed the clear corner side markers....badass!

I'll take some pics in the AM.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Good job, I am lowered 2" now on stock dampers, I plan on getting kyb agx's soon though.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Actullay the sring should have the flat side down from what I uderstand that way it it sit good in the lower arm there should be a subtel difference. But being that I still have not put on my rear springs I probably don't know what I'm talking about. I'm sure that has long has you put both sides in the same it should be alright.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Dead coils go at the top to sit flat in the rubber bushing/sleeve. The bottom flattens out in the perch...its simple once you look at it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well which ever way they are suppose to go, it seems like they are in there just fine....this "flat" end you speak of, pretty much both ends (IIRC) were flat...the coils are installed like this -> top [|||| | | | |] bottom.

On another note, here are the pictures: http://gallery.white-box.us/main.php?g2_itemId=587

1 - 11 of 11 Posts