Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im purchasing a new set of Eibach Sportline Springs to install on my focus. i got the springs for a little under $200 on tirerack.com and im wondering if anyone can tell me about how much im lookin at for gettin' them installed. thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
installing the springs yourself is real simple youd actually be wasting your money letting someone else do it.the back ones are the easiest.the front ones youll need a sping compression tool ..that or youll be needing reconstructive surgery to remove the spring from your teethe lol its a simple install heres a simple how to it link to get ya started
http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=54

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
The bolt that ties the knucke to the lower arm (rear suspension) could be a pain in the ass, really a big one. It has MAD TORQUE on it. Better get an impact tool or a wrench with a big stick!

·
Registered
864 Posts
if possible, i would go for the spring, strut, and shock combo. drop springs on stock shocks and struts sucks. bad ride + bad handeling + greater chance of something giving out

·
Registered
48 Posts
magic2119 said:
if possible, i would go for the spring, strut, and shock combo. drop springs on stock shocks and struts sucks. bad ride + bad handeling + greater chance of something giving out
I totally agree with that. Definatley get the whole package and get it done right the 1st time around.[;)]

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I have the Eibach pro kit springs on the stock struts/shocks, and I have had no problems. It handles very well, and they have never given out. I have had them on for about 15K miles. [thumb]

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yeah, i think that "don't use stock shocks with lowering springs" is BS. I've owned and seen so many cars with lowering springs with stock shocks, they were all just fine.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
the only thing that using aftermarket shocks has an advantage of is how well it rides. Mine is a little bumpy, but I have become used to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts