Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory radio in my 2005 is a turd, first the scan button broke off, then the "paint" wore off the buttons, then it decided to eat a CD then stop working so I have decided enough is enough. I have a new unit coming in the mail today and via the interwebs I saw a video showing an easy way to pop the bezel off to get to the good stuff. Does anyone know if it is truly that easy? I replaced radios in two honda's I have had in the past and they were a pain to get to, I am not a complete novice but I just want to know what I am getting into.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yes installing a radio in an 05-07 is easy, the only tool you need to remove and install the radio is a 7mm driver/socket, the bezel just pops off but work it out slowly to minimize the chance of breaking. You will probably also have to move the shifter into drive or lower and will need to disconnect the connector from the 12V outlet but you can leave the heater controls hooked up. If it is like the kit I got from Crutchfield it may not be exactly "square" so it might take a little work to get the adapter bracket to fit properly but it will go in.

The most important thing though is the wiring. I personally recommend soldering and heat shrinking the wiring harness adapters together for the best possible connection. If you are not comfortable with that then use crimp connectors. DO NOT just twist the wires together and tape over them, that is just asking for trouble. Take your time, make sure you hook the wires to the proper ones so you do it right the first time and don't damage anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts