Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I recently ordered a MBRP cat back exhaust for my ZX3. I am more interested in installing it myself, but then after looking at my car i realized the flex pipe is welded onto the cat...should have figured that. It's not something I want to spend more $ on for bs labor charges. Does anyone know if it is all possible to do it myself noting the fact that i do not know how to use a torch? I

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
IIRC all (most?) "cat-backs" for our cars are really flex-backs, starting after the flex pipe.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, the exhaust will bolt up to the flex pipe.

·
Jetsetter
6,651 Posts
it shouldent be welded its a bolted part some pics would be helpful it wouldent be welded from the factory somebody must have done it. Take some pics of it and youll get more help

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
sawzall is your best friend[:D] i had a shop do mine for only 50 bucks[:)] , it was too cold outside that day !

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat....I'm taking the SVT exhaust I have laying around and putting it on my wife's ZX3. I know they are different sizes, but that is something that the muffler shop can worry about....actually, now that I think about it, I could do it at work. We have a welder and sawzaw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts