Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is a easy mod to do. As long as you have power mirrors.

Requirements:

05+ Heated mirrors

Tools:
t-20 torx
10mm socket/extention
panel removal tool
flat blade screw driver
How to:

Remove the corner sail panel pieces( no need to unplug the controls on drivers)
Unscrew t-20 screw just infront of the door panel
Remove *********** miror connector from door, and unplug. (to make sure it will work check the plugs on the car and the new mirrors, mine both had 5 pins)
Peel back the foam from the door.
Remove the gromet from the door and the wire. it's below the edge of the door panel
Unbolt and remove mirror
Reinstall in reverse order

The real hard part is wiring the mirror heater, just plug in the mirror. NO extra wiring needed.[:)~]

Tim

Disclaimer: This should work on most Focus that has power mirrors. It worked on my 07 SE sedan. whether or not it will work on others is unknown.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, went from no-heated to heated. simple plug and play

Tim

·
Registered
114 Posts
mine came with heated mirrors and i know they work, but i have yet to view this phenomenon of heated mirrors. i guess i've never needed them.

oh, and just remember that heated mirrors are more expensive when you bust one off.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
sweet I think I am going to do this to my wifes car some times is needed here in Ohio

·
Registered
407 Posts
so yeah, i dont know if i have heated mirrors but i have power mirrors, so how do you turn them on...do they come on with the defroster or is there suppost to be a switch

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The mirrors are connected to the rear defrost and are controlled with the same switch.

Tim

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
yes i was looking at the better halfs mirrors and thought we should have gottin them for her

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just so you know also, the primered mirror caps will cost you $ 16.27 ea.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anybody got pictures? I clipped my mirror on the garage door frame last night, popped the top out of the door, but it's still attached. I don't think I'm going to have to pull the entire mirror, I'm hoping I can just pop it back into place. If I do have to pull the mirror, do I need to remove the door panel?

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts