Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm installing front parking sensors (generic) to my 2014 Ford Focus Sport.

I needed a switch to turn them on and off, and thought instead of using a generic one I'd buy one of the genuine ford ones, which also has the active park assist button attached as well.

Question now is, how to wire up the new switch? All I need it to do is turn the sensors on and off, however it has a connection for a wiring loom.

Any ideas:
A) where I can buy a wiring loom?
B) how I can wire the switch into a simple circuit without the wiring loom?

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII focus section

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think you're going to be limited to a stand-alone setup because the factory (OEM) system is integrated into the car in a way an aftermarket one will not.

I have the Ti version with active park feature and as much as I like the rear view camera the sonic sensors are way more useful in preventing me from hitting curbs etc. This is the first car I've owned that has the parking sensors and they have pretty much eliminated rubbing/bumping the front air dam on curbs -- a problem I had periodically with previously.

It looks like there will be rules changes coming down that will require all car makers to include rear cameras, but, again, I think the sonic sensors are more effective.

Brian

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Try some curb feelers on, 3 on the front & 2 in the rear, LOL,,,,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts