·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am installing cams/cam gears/ and a pp head

here is my parts list do i need anything else

cam bearings, cam cover gasket, head gasket, timing belt

is there anything else i need?

also me and my dad are installing this, so if there is anything we need to know, post it here or pm me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There are no cam bearings as such. The cam runs in the head without separate bearing shells. You will probably need some different size buckets to get the valve clearances right unless your head supplier is doing this for you. Because you will have new cams with a new head check the clearances before removing your old head, etc. That way you can get the correct buckets and not have the engine in the car apart waiting for buckets. Also you will either need to buy or fabricate tools to hold the cam pulleys and a plate that slides into the back of the cams to set the timing. Also new cam oil seals.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You should go out and get a Zetec 2.0 Timing tool set for 25 dollars to make life a lot easier when timing it. Also your going to need a head gasket and bolts (the bolts are ONE time USE period-not even two time use) Oil, Radiator fluid-assembly lube. Maybe a touch of thread sealant or loc-tite. Oil Filter and Oil change for service after 1000 mile break in (clean it out make sure it isn't dirty) Might need the Timing belt Idler (supposably they go bad often) valve cover gasket and cam gaskets (they have them on the SVT-not sure if they have them on the regular zetec, thats what i'm assuming this is on) Have fun. Get the Torque specs and FOLLOW THEM! Thats the most important step! Follow torque specs!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i have replace the head bolts? so should i get arp head studs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ARP head studs are nice, but unnecessary for what you are doing. Stock head bolts are fine unless ultra high compression or FI. Ford says the stock head bolts can be reused twice. I reused mine once with no problem. If you want real piece of mine go ahead and replace them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts