Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed a body kit? I was wondering how hard it was, because I would be willing to do it. Painting the kit is a lot of money as it is, and I was wondering if it was possible to attach the bumpers myself. Know any how-to's for body kits on the web? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's too simple. Remove your existing bumpers and sides and, if ya got a good kit, the mounts should line up directly with the existing brackets. If, however, ya need to bolt the front bumper from underneath to attach to the end of the quarter, then get a helping hand to hold up while you screw and tighten the bolt. Simple. But if you need help, and since you're in Orange County (Cali I'm assuming) then ask Impex Motorsports(ask for Harry) in San Gabriel or M1 Auto Body off the 605/Ramona (ask for Ray). Tell them that Erica sent ya and ya need a really nice hook up! Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the info. I live specifically in Tustin/Santa Ana so which is the shop nearest me? Do they paint kits too? And what's the estimated price of doing so? Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ok, if ya live in Santa Ana, then go to Karfanatics and talk to the guy that owns and runs the place, Scott (tell him I sent ya). He paints and installs and does some of the best jobs and car transformations I've ever seen. But, if you want to get a HOOK UP, then I swear you won't regret going to M1 Auto Body. It's only like 20 minutes away straight down the 605, exit Ramona, turn left, you'll see an Alberston's on the right and M1 is on the opposite side (on Ramona). It's over there by Longo Toyota/Lexus. If you've ever seen the Civic sedan turn total BMW, maroon color, which is all over Super Street and Import Tuner and has won like every show ever, then M1 are the guys who did the car completely. Talk to Ray and tell him Erica sent ya and I said to give you the best paint job/install at their best price. Tell me what they quote ya and I'll try to work on a better price for you![thumb]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright! I'll take the extra 20 min. drive and thanks again Erica. As soon as I get all the kits I'll stop by and e-mail you the quote. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts