Good, because I may be drilling and filing out a hole ��

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
180 therm is more around 190deg

·
Registered
114 Posts
i changed mine from top with 30 inch extention and swivel didnt remove anything took about 25 min .shutters dont open till about 204 degrees or with air condition on

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Good, because I may be drilling and filing out a hole ��
Access was not that bad... had to disconnect the battery so I would not short the alternator positive when unscrewing the lower tstat bolt.

Yes the clamps are genuine motorcraft ones...except not the same model. I didn't even know that they sold these type at the dealer.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^so you didnt reuse the factory clips? pn for the clamps?

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
^^^so you didnt reuse the factory clips? pn for the clamps?

Nope, even the dealer advised me to change for the other motorcraft clips citing easier access for the next time.

hmmm that would be one of the three highlighted...cannot find more info on the invoice regarding size. I had three clip size because I did a radiator change. I had bigger size to use also.

EDIT: I think it's CYF231 qty:2 you want

·
Registered
133 Posts
Can anyone attest to how difficult it is to remove the intake manifold? If it's so quick, it seems the way to go but I've never removed one before (doing exh. Headers for the first time soon too). I'd hate to screw something up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just did this last night and took me ~1.5 hours following the OP's guide. Used a pair of small channel local pliers to get open the hose clamps and move them back off the stat. I can see that if the clamps are at an awkward angle this could be a pain in the ass. In that case a pair of very long needle nose pliers would probably do the trick. The two top 8mm bolts were a cinch to take off but that bottom drivers side is quite a pain.I ended up trying multiple entry paths and socket/extension combos before settling on a short extension with an 8mm deep socket that got the ratchet right in the perfect grove to get the sucker out.

Out a rag onto of the alternator to try to keep it from getting drenched.

Getting the bolts back on was equally as difficult for that bottom one where I needed to use the extension + socket minus the ratchet to get it finger tight.

Also if any of you brew beer and have a bunch of rubber hosing lying around like I do. The 1/4" rubber hose makes an excellent connection to the radiator drain port to make a zero mess drain of the radiator :)

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Can anyone attest to how difficult it is to remove the intake manifold? If it's so quick, it seems the way to go but I've never removed one before (doing exh. Headers for the first time soon too). I'd hate to screw something up
its fairly easy. i've had mine off a couple times now. it takes a little bit of time because of accessing all the bolts but over all easy. you'll have to take the top bolt off of the belt tension er and pivot it out of the way to access one of the bolts and you'll need to take off the air filter tube to get one of the other ones.

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
No need to remove the intake manifold...honestly I don't see why you would do that. It's not hard to remove the thermostat with the intake man. installed.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
No need to remove the intake manifold...honestly I don't see why you would do that. It's not hard to remove the thermostat with the intake man. installed.
that's good to know. i would have thought the intake man would have to be removed too. it looks pretty crammed under there.

81 - 100 of 170 Posts