Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Predator from Tom today. Pulled the right fuses, followed the instructions to a tee, and started up the car.

-RPM's did NOT stabilize to 900 like everyone seems to say
-Bogging off the line seems same as before
-No noticeable increase in power

I know Tom's the man, and everyone is really happy with his tune. Hopefully, this is an oversight on my part. Did I do something wrong? Do I need to reset the ECU? (Also, if I need to reset the ECU, what's the best way to do that?)

Is it possible that his tune wasn't properly loaded (or loaded at all) on the Predator?

-When I installed the tune, I followed all the instructions: Pulled the fuses, backed-up the factory/original tune, and loaded the only tune listed on the Predator - called "Custom Tune" - there was no other tune listed for installation. (I was under the impression that I could upload Tom's, or the Predator-preset tune.)

Any help would be great!!! Thanks in advance....

·
FF Affiliate
30,365 Posts
Take your Batt loose for about 5 or so then back on and see what happens , not all RPM gauges are exaclty right did the RPM go up any from your stock tune

Tom

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
^^Good point, your car should rev slightly higher with the new tune in it.

If Shiznnid unplugged to early, the car wouldn't have been able to start at all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take your Batt loose for about 5 or so then back on and see what happens , not all RPM gauges are exaclty right did the RPM go up any from your stock tune

Tom
Bingo. That did it.

Whoa.....3rd and 4th gear roll-on acceleration is vastly improved. And you can really hear that sweet popping on the downshift! Still bogging off the line - no better than before. My full review to be posted later, once I get a feel for the changes.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts